This example displays the basic usage of the chromecast plugin feature in a playlist. If chromecast is detected it will display an icon in the controlbar to launch.
The playlist feature supports Chromecast Receiver queued playlists. Each item can be navigated to with the player's next/prev api. Each item is managed by the custom receiver.
Custom information in the
castInfo can be added to each playlist item or within a single clip config.
The Chromecast plugin enables playback and control of Chromecast.
This feature has been fully updated to the current Chromecast CAF Sender and Receiver Framework. With a custom receiver application provided.
The new CAF Receiver framework now handles vast ads in ad breaks managed by the receiver. Vast ads from Flowplayer are supported in the receiver and will reflect what is configured.
The new CAF Receiver supports required format configs for HLS including TS, Fragmented Mp4. And for alternative audio AAC, TS, AC-3 surround.
When offering AC-3 surround audio tracks. This works as a passthrough so Chromecast requires to be connected to a TV or Dolby decoder that supports AC-3 audio codecs.
When launched from the player the current stream will begin playback on the Chromecast connected TV at the current streamtime.
The Chromecast can be detached to continue playback within the browser.
Custom receiver application support is provided to handle encrypted DRM Dash, audio and text track selection from HLS or Dash and custom messaging or media url resolving.
Queued playlists are supported and managed by the Chromecast CAF custom receiver.
New items can be added to the queue when casting and then return to the player playlist.
HLS text and audio track selections support while casting.
An api method is available to manually request session.
Chrome media control support is available providing the same metadata info as Chromecast. With an added artwork list for the thumbnail display.
- Chromecast playback and control support.
- Ease of use no requirement to handle the Chromecast api directly.
- Customisable status text and styling.
- Ability to customise your own receiver application or use the Chromecast default player or a Styled Receiver application.
- Styled receiver application stylesheet examples provided.
- Support for playing back multiple video formats including mp4, mpeg dash with widevine encryption, smooth streaming with playready, apple http streaming with AES encryption.
- Subtitle support. The currently loaded subtitles will become active in the receiver and the subtitle menu can control switching languages in the receiver.
- Audio language tracks selection support with an audio selection menu plugin when working with HLS or Dash streams.
- Vast ad support with the support of the CAF Receiver ad breaks.
- Full queued playlist support including playlist item navigation and full plalist replacement. The custom receiver will automatically change items.
- Custom receiver application support provided.
- Custom receiver support for different HLS format configurations including ts, fragmented mp4, and configurations for alternative audio.
- Custom receiver supports AC-3 Surround tracks format as a passthrough when connected to a TV or surround encoder that supports AC-3.
- Native and HLS.JS text and audio track selection support.
- Api method to manually request session.
- Chromecast playlist queue and adding new items to the queue support.
- Chrome media session control support with metadata and artwork.